Welcome to the Venom Skate Forum! The place for any and all skateboarding conversation and community.

Why Colorado Boys aren't that good at racing (Kinda)  

RSS

Cam Burke
(@camden-15)
Lil Guy
23/05/2019 3:45 am  

Colorado is home to a lot of really pretty road. Cruisers, straits, uphills, pathways, and some iconic and fun downhill runs. There are a lot of hills in Colorado that are fun to freeride and chill. You might race your buddy down one of the paths. (Such as Rolo's B-day race) But the difference with Colorado is that sending and pushing yourself to the max could result in some really bad injury's. In Vancouver and Brazil, places where world champions come from, they have to perfect their tuck or they woun't go fast. Every little detail counts. There is very little sliding. Racing your buddys is what makes you that fast. In Colorado pushing yourself means going 60+ on a canyon pass with cars passing 3 feet from you. No one is racing down those roads. There is a high chance of death if your butting shoulders and trying to take the inside line when a car comes at the worst possible moment. Colorado hills are technical and hard to race. But to be fair, Aaron Hampshire and Daina Banks (among quite a few others obviously)  have done extremely well in the IDF.  Just my opinion tho...

Cam Burke
(@camden-15)
Lil Guy
23/05/2019 4:07 am  

Sorry I meant Sweden and Vancouver, not Brazil

ReplyQuote
Rolo666
(@rolo666)
Grom Admin
24/06/2019 6:01 pm  

Ya definitely ain't wrong. IT's real easy to go fast here, you don't have to try very hard.

That being said, Calvin Staub has podiumed plenty of races and won the biggest race in 2017. Zak has won/podiumed too many to count, and came third in the World in 2016(?), Aaron's made plenty of podiums and also came 3rd in the IDF one year. Kyle Wester has won several huge international World Cups and has been making finals since 2010. Daina Monster was 2018 NORAM champ. Tanner has qualified top 5 several times at big races, and made a few finals. CODH boys are definitely out there doin' it.

I got the horses in the back.

ReplyQuote
Share: